The COMET Initiative (Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials)
- Brings together researchers interested in the development and application of core outcome sets.
- The aims are to collate and stimulate relevant resources, both applied and methodological, to facilitate exchange of ideas and information and foster methodological research in core outcomes.
OMERACT (Outcome Measures in Rheumatology)
- An informal international network of working groups and gatherings interested in outcome measurement across the spectrum of rheumatology intervention studies.
European Dermato-Epidemiology Network (EDEN)
- Promotes high quality research in epidemiology and conduct clinical research
- Triennial meeting and an annual workshop
- Forms multinational project groups to initiate collaborative studies
National Eczema Association (USA)
- The National Eczema Association (USA) aims to improve the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support and education.
The Global Resource of Eczema Trials (GREAT) database
- An easy to use resource of randomised controlled trials of eczema treatments, with key data extracted.
- Contains all trials from the year 2000 onwards.
Centre of Evidence Based Dermatology (CEBD)
- Conducts independent research into the treatment and prevention of skin disease that is of direct relevance to patients, clinicians and NHS managers.
- Works with patients and members of the public to prioritise and inform clinically-relevant research programmes.
- Covers three main areas; systematic reviews, clinical trials and dissemination & implementation.
French Association of Eczema
- The purpose of the Association is to communicate and inform on the eczema disease and support patients and their families to help improve their quality of life in partnership with health professionals.
Nottingham Support Group for Carers of Children with Eczema (NSGCCE)
- A collaboration between dermatology experts from the University of Nottingham, NHS and carers of children with eczema, the Nottingham Support Group for Carers of Children with Eczema provides support and information for families touched by eczema, mainly through web-based media.
Cochrane Skin Group-Core Outcome Set Initiative
- The mission of CSG-COUSIN is "to develop and implement core outcome sets in dermatology in order to improve and standardise outcome measurement in clinical trials and to make trial evidence more useful". CSG-COUSIN is a multi-professional, international working group within the Cochrane Skin Group. It was initiated by Professor Jochen Schmitt and Professor Hywel Williams, and is co-ordinated by the Centre for Evidence-Based Healthcare, University of Dresden, Germany.
Acne Core Outcomes Research Network (ACORN)
- The Acne Core Outcomes Research Network was set up in 2013 to develop, through international consensus, a core set of outcome measures to be used in all future clinical trials of acne therapies.
TREAT (TREatment of ATopic eczema) Registry
An international consensus exercise to identify a minimum set of domains and domain items for national atopic eczema registries that collect real world data of children and adults on photo- and systemic immunomodulatory therapies.